Community Health Needs Assessment
Hancock Health and Healthy365 are committed to addressing the top community health needs of Hancock County, while focusing on the whole health of individuals – physical, emotional, behavioral and spiritual. Every three years, our team and its strategic community partners survey the community in order to help us improve our programs, support groups and continue providing health and wellness value to our residents.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNITY HEALTH NEEDS SURVEY?
The assessment survey was developed to identify the significant health needs in the community and gaps that may exist in services provided. Hancock Health’s population health department, Healthy365, assists in conducting the survey and analyzing the data. Questionnaires are dispersed via paper copies, electronically, via various social media outlets and through partnered agencies. Our last survey was done in 2020.
By documenting the healthcare needs of a community through an assessment survey, healthcare organizations can design and implement cost-effective strategies that improve the health of the population served, as well as, uncover key health needs and concerns related to education, prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment.
Top Hancock County Community Health Concerns
Since 2014, the top five concerns uncovered by the assessment survey have been constant. However, in the last two years, we’ve seen the cost of healthcare, insurance, and medication jump to the top concerns.
- Cost of health insurance, healthcare, and/or medications
- Addictions and drug overdoses
- Mental health and suicide
- Chronic diseases (cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc.)
- Cost of Health Insurance / Healthcare 57% 57%
- Addictions & Drug Overdose 41% 41%
- Mental Health & Suicide 41% 41%
- Chronic Diseases 21% 21%
- Obesity 20% 20%
There are several goals that our community health needs survey helps to accomplish, including:
- Identifying community health needs
- Identifying health services offered in the service area
- Identifying significant gaps in health needs and services offered
- Identifying barriers to meeting any health needs that may exist
- Strengthening relationships with local community leaders, healthcare leaders, providers, other health service organizations, and the community at large
- Providing quantitative and qualitative data to help guide future strategic planning, policy, and business and clinical programming decisions
Your input and opinion matters to us. Make sure to participate in this important survey every three years.
We look forward to continuing to working with our community to optimize health and meet the Hancock Regional Hospital mission as caring community partners, by healing, improving health and wellness, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness – one patient at a time.
2021 Mental Health Campaign
IT’S TIME TO OPEN UP ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IN HANCOCK COUNTY.
Hancock County desperately needs professional services and support programs to address the growing mental illness and substance use problems in our community. To that end, our Hancock Health Foundation is raising $3.5 million to fund critical support and resources for our community.