Health at Work Means Health Everywhere Else
Despite being promoted by Human Resource departments and your CEO as a tool to benefit the bottom line, workplace health really is designed with you, the worker, in mind. Yes, healthier employees are better employees, but they also tend to be happier people—and have happier friends, families, and neighbors because of it.
And working healthier isn’t tough at all. It’s easier, in fact, because you’re not working against your body’s own fatigue and immune defenses. Below, find some resources we’ve gathered to improve your healthy work habits and find ways to stay active when you’re fixed in an office or at a desk.
Healthy Work Habits
- 10 Healthy Workplace Habits. From the health experts at the Cleveland Clinic, this list of powerful workplace habits will have you almost looking forward to Monday morning.
- 9 Unhealthy Workplace Habits and How to Break Them. More of a glass-half-empty type? This list from HealthLine looks at the habits that may be holding you back, and offers advice to repair the damage.
Workplace Exercise Resources
- A Workout at Work? The Washington Post’s infographics department tested 12 workday exercises and then made 12 handy infographics, complete with instructional animation.
- 10 Exercises You Can Do at Your Desk. Instructional animation of “deskercises” from Time.com, to improve your fitness and decrease your health risks.
- 10 Office Exercises You Can Do Secretly. If you’re shy about working out in front of your co-workers, HowStuffWorks offers 10 that you can do without the rest of the office noticing anything—except for your healthy glow and improved mood.
- Deskercise! 33 Smart Ways to Exercise at Work. If you get hooked on those deskercise endorphins, you’ll want to find a lot more ways to get them going. Enter the Stapler Curl, and the Lunch Break Hammy.